Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My stitching mojo...

is back :)

Actually, right after my last post, I picked up my needle and gave it a go! I finished Carriage House Samplings "Carolina Handley" yesterday! And even started "Prudence Wilcome"! I am stitching them both on 40 ct. Purely Primitive from Silkweaver.

I thought I'd leave you with a few pictures from my backyard. This is a beautiful tree, I think it's Hibiscus.

Here are some lovely flowers that are growing in front of the pool deck.


My mother and father brought me this calla lily as a housewarming gift when they came to see our house for the first time this July.


I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my backyard. If you could see the whole thing, you'd freak. It's becoming overrun by weeds and I am just thankful that the people we bought the house from already had landscaping in place or it would be much worse. I definitely do not have a green thumb and my husband doesn't have the time.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A super finish :) Are you going to frame it?!
Your flowers are LOVELY! The white one is a Hibiscus and it is a perinnial and will come up every year,but you have to cut it down in the fall once it is dead. I have a HUGE red one in my back yard.
And your black-eyed susan's...my favorite!

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm pretty sure that the hybiscus is also known as a Rose of Sharon. Those mothers get into everything. Very invasive. It's grown from the neighbor's two doors down and into my opposite side hedge. Mine are pinky-purple though.

Love your finish!