Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthday Present

I had a great birthday yesterday! I drove to Michigan to have dinner with my family (strange that they didn't come to be but oh well). I got to spend time with my brother and his new girlfriend, my sister and brother-in-law and my nieces and nephew, as well as my mom and dad! We ate at my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. My parents got me The Primitive Needle's "ABC Hornbook" and all of the floss required for the project (WDW & GAST)! The fabric is on order from Picture This Plus!


I can't wait to start this one :) But I have to finish a wedding gift first. It's taking me forever to finish and it's only 7x9. I liked the pattern in the book but I don't like the way it's looking on the fabric. I think the problem is the colors. My friend has chosen hot pink and white for her wedding, and pink is not my favorite color. But I will persist and have it done before the wedding next month. I've already got the frame!

3 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Happy Belated Birthday :)
LOVE your present!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Happy Belated Birthday; there's nothing better than getting stash as a birthday gift!

Ranae said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
Lucky girl to get that pattern and the floss. I never get anything stitchy related for a present, only if I but it for myself, lol.
I have a thing for the Tombstone themed designs too.