Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Finish Finish

Although not done by me. I had Mirabilia's "Scent of Old Roses" framed at Hobby Lobby. I am not as happy with it as I have been with the other framing I've had done at JoAnn's. I just don't think Hobby Lobby did as good a job at stretching the fabric as JoAnn's does. I'm sure it's partially my fault because I used LYI Wonder Invisible Thread to attach the beads so I asked them not to use any heat on it which means they couldn't press it like they normally would. Oh well, it still looks pretty! I have two more Mirabilia's (among the total six or seven) that I've used the Invisible thread on. I won't be doing that anymore :( I like it because I don't have to switch floss colors at all and I can attach all the beads at once instead of one color at a time but I'd rather have the final product look really good in a frame than just okay.


As you can see, it's still in the plastic. I am in the process of painting my craft/guest room and I plan to hang it up in there, so I'm going to keep it safe in the plastic until the room is done!


Here is a closer shot of the frame, I really like the detail on the inside. I normally keep my framing pretty simple. Usually two mats and a fairly simple frame. I figure that way they are more likely to fit with the decor of any room.

I've got other stitchy news but I will leave it for another day, except to say that I am working on the sampler contest at BBD so there will definitely be a picture of that soon. I figure that since I don't post often, when I have some news I should try to spread it out :)

2 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the framing job - I think it looks lovely. I've always just used Hiuse of Stitches in LaPorte for my framing - I'm going to miss them when I leave Indiana in 2 months.

Anna van Schurman said...

I think you should stick with your invisible thread and find another framer...