Sunday, April 26, 2009

My BBD sampler

The picture isn't great and I didn't have time to iron it because we've been on the road back home from Michigan and I just wanted to be sure to send it before the deadline. So here is my interpretation of Petites Lettres Rouges. It really is much prettier in person ;)

I used a piece of scrap linen from my stash and DMC colors 367, 368, 369. Green is my favorite color. I stitched my maternal grandparents names (Marie & Foster) and the year they were married (1946). My grandfather passed away in September or 2006, just a little over a month shy of what would have been their 60th anniversary. I still miss him everyday. I plan on giving this to my mother for Mother's day and I think I may try to finish it as a pillow.

3 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Very cute, Meghann - I like it in the greens! Your mother will love it, I'm sure!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How pretty Meghann, your mother will love it and the memories behind it...

Ranae said...

Very pretty BBD